welcomeNatural Method training course
There are three ways to approach physical education
- Sports that orient and train specific abilities (for example football, tennis, etc)
- Analytic methods that focus on training specific aspects of the body (for example cardio exercises)
- The Natural Method
The Natural Method is based on the natural movements and gestures of our species in it’s environment: walking, running, jumping, defense, etc
It takes into consideration the whole of the human being: the body not only as a tool, but as a dimension of oneself. This method, also called the “Hebert Method”, cultivates an integral and ecological vision of health and wellness, bringing a sense of purpose and a sense of joy.
An obvious meeting with Montessori
The principles of the Natural Method are in tune with the Montessori pedagogy. This can be seen through four main aspects:
- The students gain responsibility and awareness as they assist the monitor.
- Individual performance is in service of the collective.
- The freedom and respect of each individual’s rhythm and limits are at the heart of the practice. As well as an invitation to go beyond one’s limits.
- Joy and collaborations as key motor-elements during practice.
Overview of the course
-To acquire technical and pedagogical skills in the Natural Method practice
–To be able to create and manage a Natural Method sequence
-To be an adult
-To be comfortable with physical practices.
-To have a medical certificate of non contraindication to practice sports
-Teachers, students, educators, scoutmasters
-Directors of youth facilities
-Individuals wishing to develop a holistic and ecological education project
-Preparation and management of a Natural Method sequence at the end of the training
-Evaluation of met objectives through a questionnaire on the final day of the training
-Issuance of a private monitor’s diploma
- What is the Natural Method?
- The Natural Method and Montessori
- How to easily lead and train a group in reduced spaces
- How to lead a group in the Natural Method in complete safety
- The natural gesture pedagogy
- How to determine progress
- Emulation, cooperation and respect for nature
- How to build a methodical lesson
- How to lead games depending on pedagogical intentions
- The physical education project: examples for a Montessori school
- The specific case of working with children and adolescents : constraints and solutions
Spring 2023: April 24th (9 AM) to Aprils 28th (5 PM)
Admission (25 places available)
-Letter of application, CV with picture to be sent to : firstname.lastname@example.org
-Admissions form deadline: 1st of march 2023
Campix, 2 Rue de la Goulette, 60340 Saint-Leu-d’Esserent, France
-Main facilitator: Arthur Huguet Du Lorin, Fouding member of the “Centre de formation en éducation naturelle” and Natural Method monitor.
-Staff: Gaspard Nouaille: Natural Method assistant-monitor and physical educator at Collège-Lycée Montessori Les Arches.
« Tent » package
–5 days training + 5 nights of accommodation in your own tent + meals »
-Price: 850 euros
« Mobile home » package
–5 days training + 5 nights of accommodation in mobile home + meals »
-Price: 1000 euros (only 16 beds)